Thursday, March 26, 2009

Singer attachments

I got this really marvelous Singer sewing machine as a gift from my mum in law; it's a low shank Singer, and as strong as they get. It will chew through several layers of denim without any sign of hesitation, stop, or painful sounds, all of which I was used to from my new Singer, which looked good, but was quite frankly not that great.

I have been browsing e-bay for a ruffler, and finally found a lot of attachments for singer low shank, and I thought, heck, I'll make a bid for it, even if I don't know how to use most of them. The seller listed the items in the lot, and driven by curiosity I did a search for some of the names, and I found this site, which lists every conceivable attachment for the Singer feather weight, which is also a low shank machine. This list is really great, as there are detailed instructions on how to use these mysterious looking attachments. Turns out I made a bargain :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment