Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Tailored Garments


Tailored Garments
Originally uploaded by Vintage Granny

This little book is a treasure, and worth every penny I gave for it. It gives detailed, step by step instructions on tailoring, with emphasis on the tailored skirt suit. It was published in the 1920's I think.

The first time I tried my hand at tailoring was some 4 years ago, when I made a coach man's coat for my boyfriend, and I used a book called Couture Sewing Techniques, by Claire Shaeffer as guide. The Couture book was not bad, but this little gem outshines it. It has detailed drawings of each step, as well as very straight forward explanations. If any of you guys out there wants to make your own tailored jacket or coat, I recommend you to get hold of this book :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment