Thursday, February 24, 2011

Vintage Skincare

For those of you who still pop by once in a while I am still recovering, very slowly but hopefully getting there. I am seeing something akin to a chiropractor/ physiotherapist/ acupuncturist and I hope he'll be able to sort out the arms eventually.

In the meantime I thought I'd share a rather wonderful discovery. I am one of those people who have been cursed with a very difficult skin type. Rashes, redness, spots; I've had them all, sometimes at once... This winter has been particularly cold (again), and about 2 months ago I was standing in front of the mirror cursing the cold and the dry skin it brought with it. I then remembered that my great aunt used Nivea Cream her entire life, and had the smoothest skin I've ever seen. I rummaged through the bathroom closet and found an old box, applied some, and I swear I saw improvement already the next day. I then decided to go all the way, and got cold cream and rose water. I use the cold cream as cleanser and moisturising mask, remove it with a moist towel ( to exfoliate the skin), apply the nivea cream, and follow with a cotton pad moistened with rose water to remove the stickiness. And my skin looks fab. It's smooth, soft and hydrated, and hardly a blemish in sight. All hale great aunt Gudrun :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment