Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Miss Lemon

I own all the Hercule Poirot films, and watch them at regular intervals, sometimes just to drool over Miss Lemon's outfits. He has such lovely things it makes me both greedy and envious.

To alleviate this I've decided to give a go at recreating some of her things, most specifically two of her jumpers. The lovely red one that looks like a cardigan at first glance, and the black one with white polka dots. Swoon...


You can follow the red jumper project here. I'm making the pattern up as I go along, and I've settled for a broken rib pattern as the main stitch. If the jumper turns out the way I hope it will I'll post the pattern here once it's done.

The black jumper project is outlined here. Don't you just love Ravelry? Such a handy site. I haven't started on the black jumper yet, but I've found a pattern in one of my books that should give a good framework to it. The stitch will have to be altered, but the basic shape is more or less the same. For others out there with Miss Lemon envy I am posting the pattern I'll be using for the black jumper. Enjoy :)







No comments:

Post a Comment