Monday, October 05, 2009

Autumn Break


I offered myself the luxury of an autumn break this year, and spent a week at my mum's place in the north of Norway.

I intended to take pictures, but as the rain was literally pouring down most of the week, I didn't get around to it, so I have instead posted a picture taken some three years ago, when I was home for Christmas.

Imagine it without snow, with green, golden and red leaves, and sopping wet from rain, and there you have it - Korgen at autumn.

I had a lovely time, catching up with family and friends, some of which I hadn't seen in 3 years, and I also got to look through my mums box of old buttons, something I loved to do when I was growing up. It was just as exciting this time around as when I was 10 :o)

Talking about snow; it's still only October, but when I took the train home from holidays, it was actually snowing several places. I must admit it feels odd, after so many years spent in a place where snow is a rarity, to have start snowing in October. But on the other hand, I have lots of candles, I have stacked up on tea and books, and I reckon I'm ready for winter, although I would prefer it to wait at least a month longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment