Tuesday, January 26, 2010

From Granny's Kitchen

I went by the local charity shop today, not really looking for anything particular, but a treasure hunt after work can be nice, and I decided to drop in on my way home. Nothing much to catch the eye or imagination in the clothes department, but I stopped by the kitchen/home department, and felt like I had stepped into granny's old kitchen.


They had one of those old manual mix masters. I don't know if this is a Nordic or Norwegian thing, but I cannot remember ever seeing one when I lived in Ireland. I didn't buy it, seeing as I don't really have a use for it, except for sentimental reasons, but I found a picture of it online, and I'm posting it as I thought you might want to see what it looks like.

The one I saw was larger, and could be attached to a table for ease of use.

There were other interesting things as well, and I got an old cake mould which could be converted from the ordinary circular cake shape to a more Victorian pudding shape. I also got an item which I found intriguing, if confusing. It's a tube with several different end plates. The lady at the store said her granny had one like it when she was growing up, and it's apparently used to make cookies with interesting shapes. I will post pictures when the equipment is cleaned and polished :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment