Thursday, May 21, 2009

Domestic Goddess


No one would ever call me a domestic goddess, I think. There's just too much constant mess in our home, and dust bunnies multiplying in corners and under couches. The recent good weather also tells me that the windows need to be cleaned. Sigh... I don't even dare think about how the apartment would look if it hadn't been for the fact that we ever so often have people visiting in weekends, and this forces us to clean.

So, no domestic goddess in the house cleaning department, but I do enjoy cooking, and I just have to share a link with you guys. BBC food has lots and lots of recipes, and also a decent section on indian food. I love indian, but having moved to rural Norway, indian take-out hasn't been an option, so I've had to try to figure out how to make my favourite dishes myself. Today I made chicken bhuna, and peshwari nans, the nan's courtesy of BBC Food, and it was just lovely. I found the recipe for the chichen bhuna on this jar. I tried to do a search for the recipe on their website, but it seems they didn't list it.

If you want to try it, here's how you make it:

Ingredients:
I onion finely chopped
approx 400 grammes of chicken, diced
1/2 jar of Bhuna Curry Paste
I box of canned tomatoes
2 teaspoons of tomato puré
approx 200 ml water

Fry the onions in a little oil until tender, mix in the bhuna curry paste, and add the chicken. Fry the chicken until sealed. Then add the rest, and let the dish simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with rice and nan.

No comments:

Post a Comment