Monday, August 24, 2009

New Laptop


After discovering the Dream Office, I did some more browsing, and happened upon this; a marvellously steampunk laptop. Just look at the details, the brass accents, and the aged wooden panel. I am literally drooling here.

Considering that the creator of this beauty charges 1200 - 1500 USD for one of his custom keyboards, I assume I would have to win the lottery to ever be able to afford this beauty, but I can still dream :o)

If you like the look of this, you can visit the makers homepage here. Looking at his creations makes me regret I didn't pay more attention in the woodwork classes we had at school, but at the time, I didn't see any apparent use for the lessons, except for making cradles for dolls, collages with shaved wood and brass, and the like. Looking back at those lessons, I get a feeling that most of the time was spent burning letters into bits of wood. God knows where all the odd little things I made ended up. But if I had known that some day, I might be able to make something like this, that would have changed the level of commitment completely, I think.


I wonder if I would be able to find classes for this type of work where I live. I think I'll have to check up on that :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment